Copyright 2015. Mid-Atlantic Turtle & Tortoise Society. All Rights Reserved.
We can only do what we do because of generous, caring people. Consider donating to our programs.. Mail checks to:
P.O. Box 22321
Baltimore, MD 21203
We are always in need of MATTS Members as Experienced Fosters, Transporters and for Event Assistance. However, anyone can help with...
- Posting adoption flyers in their local pet store, veterinary clinic, plant nursery, home improvement center, community center, or any location you think a potential adopter might see the flyer. Download the flyer today!
- Telling others about MATTS.
- Joining us onFacebook and asking us questions.
- Stopping to assist Turtles in the road so they are not injured or killed. (For instructions on doing this please seeHelping Turtles Cross Roads.)
- Making sure your children don't bring home turtles from the wild and if they do immediately take the animal back exactly where it was found. Exception: If you find an injured wild turtle, please contact an experienced exotic pet veterinarian or licensed wildlife rehabilitator.
- Taking the time to learn about these magnificent creatures and if the opportunity presents itself, talking to others or assisting poorly kept Chelonians by offering information to the caretaker of that turtle or tortoise. You can begin here and also seeMATTS Library.
- Reporting pet stores, that have sick turtles, illegal turtles or tortoises and any store or individual selling baby turtles, to your local DNR or Fish and Wildlife Dept.
- Staying informed - read the eye-opening article"The Terrible Turtle Trade."
- Saving turtles from drowning in crab pots by always using Crab Pot Bycatch Reduction Devices (CPBRD)
Mid-Atlantic Turtle & Tortoise Society, Inc. is run by volunteers without grants, support or reimbursement from any source. We depend on your tax-deductible contributions!
Monetary donations help us with veterinary bills, transportation, feeding, housing, and heating costs for our rescued Chelonians. They also support research and educational activities. Mid-Atlantic Turtle & Tortoise Society, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization so membership fees and donations are tax-deductible.
There are many other ways to help too -